Mister C’s is delighted to be included in the UK’s top 10 fish and chip restaurants by the 2017 National Fish & Chip Awards, organised by Seafish.
The awards are recognised throughout the industry and are considered to be the “Oscars” of fish frying. The Mister C’s team now wait as our restaurant is considered against the other 10 as we compete for the Independent Fish and Chip Restaurant of the Year Award and the coveted title of ‘best fish and chip restaurant’ in the UK.
The complete this of finalists are:
- Mister C’s in Selby, North Yorkshire
- Trenchers Restaurant in Whitby, North Yorkshire
- Harbour Lights in Falmouth, Cornwall
- Lloyds in Lampeter, Ceredigion
- The Fisherman’s Wife in Whitby, North Yorkshire
- The Elite Fish & Chip Company in Lincoln, Lincolnshire
- The Pelican in Barnstaple, Devon
- Catch Fish and Chips in Glasgow, East Renfrewshire
- Seafresh Restaurant in Pimlico, London
- Something Else Fishy in Sherborne, Somerset
The judging process is a rigorous one, a panel of industry experts have judged the restaurants against a wide range of criteria including fish sourcing policies, restaurant facilities and appearance, staff training and development practices, menu diversification, and marketing and promotional activity. Each restaurant also receives mystery shopping assessments to ascertain customer service levels and the quality of the fish and chips on offer.
The next stage is further mystery shopping assessments and in-depth judging audits. This next stage of the competition will whittle down the top 10 to establish the top five UK fish and chip restaurants that will compete for the top accolade to eventually be presented at the awards ceremony, held in London on 26 January 2017.